1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need A Good Shop For Body-Mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by army dude, Mar 15, 2007.

1. army dude

army dude New Member

Well Howdy-Do!!

It has been awhile since I was here but I have a good excuse.

Anyway, I need a shop in Georgia or Florida that is able to do stretching of my frame and body. The vehicle will be a 92 K2500 sub with a 3" body lift. I am looking to add 18-24" behind the passenger doors in front of the rear window. I will be able to do this the first week of June and however long it takes. I did here of a shop in Lawerenceville, Georgia but can't find any info. SO, What can ya'll help me out with??

I figure I would rather put the money into my already paid for truck rather than buy a new vehicle and drop $30,000 and have payments again. Plus I like the one-off factor.

What chyall think??:biggrin: :rolleyes:

Ian in Iraq...Again
    13 days till 2nd tour is over!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We're counting the days with you!!!:biggrin:

Sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. 18-24" is pretty significant. What do you plan to do with the extra space??

Keep your head down, and stay safe!
  3. army dude

army dude New Member

I don't like the limited amount of leg room in the backseat. I have ridden back there and was very shocked to find a guy like me-6' and 240- really did not have an enjoyable ride. I was cramped. So, my brilliant and over sized brain sadi" Hey, don't spen the money on a new vehicle with the same leg room, modify it the way you want, AND, really pee-off all those tree huggin, environmentalists!! A two for one shot as it were. But really, I want more leg room and I figured when the stretch was done I would move the seats back enough to make it comfortable for me.
    I also like the idea of being different. I owned a crewcab dualley for awhile and pulled up to a Ford and parked nose to nose in the row. But , when I got out his truck was 2 feet longer in the cab. I had to look twice and even peeked inside and was amazed at all the extra room. So, I want to have that room now. I have no family to worry about but I like doing something different.
    Sorry for the long explanation but there it is.
    Ian in Iraq...Again
    12 days till 2nd tour is over!