Need A Good Shop For Body-Mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by army dude, Mar 15, 2007.

1. army dude

army dude New Member

Well Howdy-Do!!

It has been awhile since I was here but I have a good excuse.

Anyway, I need a shop in Georgia or Florida that is able to do stretching of my frame and body. The vehicle will be a 92 K2500 sub with a 3" body lift. I am looking to add 18-24" behind the passenger doors in front of the rear window. I will be able to do this the first week of June and however long it takes. I did here of a shop in Lawerenceville, Georgia but can't find any info. SO, What can ya'll help me out with??

I figure I would rather put the money into my already paid for truck rather than buy a new vehicle and drop $30,000 and have payments again. Plus I like the one-off factor.

What chyall think??:biggrin: :rolleyes:

Ian in Iraq...Again
    13 days till 2nd tour is over!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We're counting the days with you!!!:biggrin:

Sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. 18-24" is pretty significant. What do you plan to do with the extra space??

Keep your head down, and stay safe!

3. army dude

army dude New Member

I don't like the limited amount of leg room in the backseat. I have ridden back there and was very shocked to find a guy like me-6' and 240- really did not have an enjoyable ride. I was cramped. So, my brilliant and over sized brain sadi" Hey, don't spen the money on a new vehicle with the same leg room, modify it the way you want, AND, really pee-off all those tree huggin, environmentalists!! A two for one shot as it were. But really, I want more leg room and I figured when the stretch was done I would move the seats back enough to make it comfortable for me.
    I also like the idea of being different. I owned a crewcab dualley for awhile and pulled up to a Ford and parked nose to nose in the row. But , when I got out his truck was 2 feet longer in the cab. I had to look twice and even peeked inside and was amazed at all the extra room. So, I want to have that room now. I have no family to worry about but I like doing something different.
    Sorry for the long explanation but there it is.
    Ian in Iraq...Again
    12 days till 2nd tour is over!