1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need a twin turbo system for my 2004 chevy silverado 1500!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Shakeablegoose, Jul 19, 2012.

1. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Eh? The blocks can take it, no problem, whether it's the aluminum or iron block. The issues with boosting an LS are mostly pistons, rings, rods, and AFM/DoD if equipped. All the LS blocks are 6 bolt mains.
  2. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

There is a shop in Fresno called all out performance. You should take a look at what they offer they built a silverado thats making about 600 hp to wheels and they did it with a completely stock motor other than upgrading the fuel system and putting better gaskets and arp bolts. Hope this helps...
  3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

oh, if you can do this then I need to see pictures ... AND VIDEO ... of the process and the final project. :)
  5. mhazelwd

mhazelwd New Member

You guys are about as crazy as I am. I think I will leave the Sivlerado stock and buy an 1199 Panigale. Save some dough and blow everybody away.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I want a price list and links to all the parts for that 4.8 or the 5.3L equivilants so I can order them "if" I am going to do an engine rebuilt on my 5.3L
  7. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

The 4.8 is also better to work with for power adders, in stock form, as it doesn't have AFM, which can make for a very quickly blown motor when you're hitting 7K RPM.
  8. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That may have been the smartest comment I've ever seen on this website!!! I sat on a 1199 just last week and I about had to take out a loan that day. That is an amazing bike.
  9. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

turbos have better power potentional than a Super charger, also can be done for cheaper, look into trick turbos, KB racing turbos, or nelsons performance turbos alot depends on the wants and needs. remember you can only push around 10-12 psi without doing some modding. and also ull need a new transmission
  10. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree with darnie1987 you will need a new trans. The easiest thing to do is find a used 4l80e out of a 2500 and have that built to exactly what your. Looking to do with the truck.