need a vote on yes or no and explain why - vertical stacks

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by k/4x4/93, Mar 29, 2010.

1. k/4x4/93

k/4x4/93 Member

im thinking about puting dual 5 inch stacks on my 93 chevy with a 350 v8 gasser. yes or no... eplain please

2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

out of the bed? if so NO!!!!!!!! i know some people like the looks but i've never been a fan of the out the bed pipes. just my opinion

3. k/4x4/93

k/4x4/93 Member

yes through bed kit. just one hole that y's off to dual

4. devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Rockstar 100 Posts

im with him, i think it ruins the bed, u can still haul stuff, but i wouldnt want it too close to the pipes! thats just me, so im gonna say no too!

5. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

no, if it was a diesel, i would say yea but stacks dont belong on a gas truck

6. socal77k5

socal77k5 Rockstar

i wouldnt go stacks on a gasser. deisel yes even but even then, with stacks in your bed you cant exactly put anything close to it with out warming it up quite abit. hte look is ok but you sacrifice some bed.

7. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

nope. This was already explained. Its rice for domestics

8. doug_scott

doug_scott Rockstar

How about you vote on what YOU are doing to YOUR truck, then explain why you chose that route? Are you considering doing this for what you want, or are you more concerned what others may think? If you like it, do it. What do you care what others think about your truck?
    As for being "rice", BS. Dodge did this on the Lil Red Express truck in the 70's. Long before "rice" was invented, and long before you could get a diesel in a pickup truck. Too many people think their opinions on what others do actually count for something.

9. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i agree well said, its your truck you pay for it do as you please.

10. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I say go for it. It will be a one of a kind set-up that would look awesome and sound great.