1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Advice - 2008 Yukon Denali XL

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by farhanm, Aug 17, 2014.

1. farhanm

farhanm New Member

Hi

I am looking for some advice on this potential truck I am looking to buy. This is my first time ever going for a big suv. always had sedans before. My yearly usage for this truck would be 5k to 6k miles per year. I have a work vehicle that i drive mostly.

The Truck is 2008 GMC YUKON XL DENALI. it has 158000 miles on it.
    Guy is asking $15000 for it. I have test driven it and it looks super clean and drives great. Here are some pics I took of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have looked at similar cars with less miles (130k to 150K) but none of them were as clean or drove as good as this one and the prices were closer to $19000- $20000

I took it to a GMC Dealership for a Full mechanical inspection. Here are a major things they pointed out for this truck,

Right Front Axle Seal $300
    Water Pump Leak $775
    Oil pan gasket leak $575
    Transfer Case Seal $600

Dealership gave me an estimate of roughly about $2250. I think i can prolly get these done cheaper from other mechanics.

The dealership service guy mentioned that the truck seemed very nice overall apart from the above issues.

Basically I need some advice on if its worth it to buy the truck and get this stuff fixed or if any of these are chronic issues and will happen again and again and i Should stay away.

Thanks
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks really nice. The axle seal and the transfer case seal shouldn't be too hard to change in the driveway, but the oil pan gasket leak will probably require raising the engine and/or lowering the front axle to drop the pan. I'm not 100% sure, but I think changing the water pump is slightly hard on this engine, but I'm not positive.
  3. 09 Z71 4x4

09 Z71 4x4 Member

Have you done a carfax or equivalent?
    Good looking vehicle.