1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need advice! New tires rubbing.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Kenny D, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Kenny D

Kenny D New Member

Got a 08 crew cab silverado with factory 20" rims and a 1-1/2" leveling kit. Bought some 305/55/20 nitto terra grapplers and i'm having a little rubbing issue. Should I do a 3" lift, buy rims with a different offset? What will work. I don't want to beat my fender well in. Also would some type of spacers work? Let me know what you all have run into previously.

Thanks!
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

where are the tires rubbing? you may want to try a set of 1.5" wheel spacers for cheap. they will push the stock wheels out and should stop the rubbing and will run anywhere from 100-200 bucks. if you wanna go a more expensive route than get a new set of wheels with a 4-4.5" backspacing to push the tires out more.
  3. Kenny D

Kenny D New Member

It's rubbing center back fender flap. It's mainly in reverse though. I can turn 90% forward and maybe 40% in reverse before it rubs. If I do get rims this should fix the problem? Don't really want to void warranty yet with suspension lift.
  4. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3" body lift, and a leveling kit.