Need advice! New tires rubbing.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Kenny D, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Kenny D

Kenny D New Member

Got a 08 crew cab silverado with factory 20" rims and a 1-1/2" leveling kit. Bought some 305/55/20 nitto terra grapplers and i'm having a little rubbing issue. Should I do a 3" lift, buy rims with a different offset? What will work. I don't want to beat my fender well in. Also would some type of spacers work? Let me know what you all have run into previously.

Thanks!

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

where are the tires rubbing? you may want to try a set of 1.5" wheel spacers for cheap. they will push the stock wheels out and should stop the rubbing and will run anywhere from 100-200 bucks. if you wanna go a more expensive route than get a new set of wheels with a 4-4.5" backspacing to push the tires out more.

3. Kenny D

Kenny D New Member

It's rubbing center back fender flap. It's mainly in reverse though. I can turn 90% forward and maybe 40% in reverse before it rubs. If I do get rims this should fix the problem? Don't really want to void warranty yet with suspension lift.

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3" body lift, and a leveling kit.