1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need advice on how to get 2 more inches of lift and good angles

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ahmitchell1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

I have the ccm 2.5 upper coil spacer up front and 2.5 inch blocks in the rear. I'm ordering a add a leaf. Should I get an axle shim? Also do you think I should drop the transfer case any? And up front I'm not sure how to get another 2 inches with good cv angles. Any help
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

Do you have any driveline vibrations now? I don't think you'll need to drop the transfer case or add axle shims otherwise. As for getting more lift up front while still maintaining good CV angles, I don't think it's possible unfortunately. I'm really not sure though. But since you have a leveling kit and want another 2 inches on top of that, why not do it right and save up for a full lift kit?
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

2.5" blocks in the rear will only give you 1.25" of lift, after removal of the factory 1.25" block. Of course I'm assuming that you are not planning to stack blocks....I hope you aren't anyway. As far as the front end, you are maxed out man. There are people out there that will tell you that they have 3" and 4" worth of leveling kits crammed in on their trucks, but DO NOT do it. It's a sure way to destroy your front end, ride quality, and most importantly it's a major safety issue. Do it right or not at all.
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

That's what I was afraid of. Yea I'm not gunna be stacking blocks, I love my life. My truck rides great for being on mud terrians. My issue with buying a lift is I got other vehicles that need my money. I'm Gunna do some research and possibly build drop brackets and all that.