1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need aftermarket parts

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by TattooTank, Apr 23, 2008.

1. TattooTank

TattooTank New Member

hello all, i have a 96 2dr 4x4 tahoe and i can barely find aftermarket parts for it. i thought that this model was a very popular off raoding vehicle. can anyone help?
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

These guys usually carry alot of parts. stylintrucks.com truckaddons.com 4wheelparts.com and a google search usually leads to some pretty good results.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

what kinds of parts are you looking for? lift kits/offroad parts? performance parts? exterior enhancements?
  4. blkbowtie

blkbowtie New Member

Being yours is a 96 a good site might be www.ckresto.com depending on what your looking for right now I am fixing a bunch of little nit-picky things wrong with my truck (dash lights out, switches broke, handles and latches broke). that or maybe www.lmctruck.com would be a good source.
  5. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

I recommend LMCtruck, they have a lot of info in their catalogs alone about the stock configuration of your vehicle. I've also had somewhat good luck buying dress up parts at regular old autoparts stores like pepboys, autozone, etc... but do not buy engine dress up parts from down the street autoparts stores, alot of those parts are made to a low quality control standard (possibly because most of them are made in china) and could give you real problems down the line. The main upgrades that I recommend are brake, steering, and possible engine/transmission upgrades. You usually get good results from upgrading these systems that make day to day driving alot easier in a vehicle such as this.