Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need an opinion.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by USAFZ71, Apr 21, 2009.

1. USAFZ71

USAFZ71 New Member

Grill guard on or off?

[​IMG]
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh no, not the grille guard question again! just kidding!:lol: In my honest opinion it depends on the truck and the style you are looking for. For example lets take your truck, big beefy off road grille guard but you also have 20" street tires. Kind of a mixed up look, each thing looks good on it's own, but together not quite right. So either get some off road rubber and keep the grille guard or keep the 20's and lose the guard and maybe add a chrome grille or grille inserts, just my opinion, hope I wasn't too blunt.

Remember opinions are like a**h***s, everybody has one just some are more sh****y than others!!:lol:
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Need an opinion

I like grill gaurds on off-road looking 4x4s and without if the truck has a street look. I have one with a winch as my truck is lifted and my wifes truck is lowered and she doenst have one
  4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I personally think you should take it off, your truck has a clean look to it with those rims and tires. Seem stylish and smooth. But if you're planning to get a lift, and aggressive tires, it's a definite yes to keep it on, that's a nice guard!
  5. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Take it off. Its to big and bulky. Prerunner bars look nice though.
  6. eyegore

eyegore Rockstar 100 Posts

Off. Never liked them unless the truck was bad ass off road looking.
  7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like it. Leave it on.
  8. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree that the grill guard and the big chrome rims with street rubber are kind of throwing "mixed signals". If you're not planning on lifting it or putting some aggressive tires on there, I would say take it off.
  9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Get it painted to matche the truck color or rhino liner it the same color as the truck!! Then you still have the protection and get the subdued look since its body color
  10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good call!