Need body panels that have power to them at safe levels not to hurt people touching t

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Nov 12, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Need body panels that have power to them at safe levels not to hurt people touching them.

I have seen armor upfitters that will put electrical shock points in door handles so people get shocked but not hurt when trying to break into your car/truck.

I want to know how hard it would be to actually run power to all the panels in the truck (the skins) that is low voltage to where people would not get shocked by touching the doors or the hood, or the bed, but enough that I could power low voltage stuff right off the panel.

2. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

not sure i understand what your asking. if your asking how to sit something on your hood and power it, cant be done that way. power either dc or ac still requires 2 electrical points. the electric current ran to the panels is actually the result of the human acting as a ground point for an a/c circuit. the a/c circuit is converted from the d/c power supply in the truck. in order to even think of providing enough for the entire truck you will need around 8k amps at atleast 13.1vdc to create 40,000vac. this would also require insulting all of the body panels from the actual 12volt system of the truck. also by doing so the friction from movement for pretty much anything over about 30mph would cause dangerous levels of electro static charge that can cause a discharge high enough to kill a human. cool idea, no real way with todays current tech to truly implement it.

btw, congratz, this is your 666th post. yayyaayaa you win nothing :)

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

LOL thanks. I don't believe in that stuff....Now it is 667 :)