1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need cheap HP for 2002 Suburban

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Snotrocket, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Snotrocket

Snotrocket New Member

There seems to be a lot of knowledge on this great site, so I will run a simple question by you all. I just purchased a 25' camper last summer to pull behind my 02' Suburban 1500 w/ 5.3 liter. In the 2 times I pulled the camper it seems I could use a little extra HP on small hills. My question is what aftermarket product would benefit most at the least cost? I thought about CAI and maybe trying to fabricate my own piping to save some, but not sure if it would work or not. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

craigslist.net and find your closest area and put in "hypertech III" used ones are usually 125-175
  3. lbuajlw

lbuajlw New Member

HP improvements

A K&N air intake replacement and a flowmaster exhaust system are relatively inexpensive and quick improvements to your HP. Be sure to use a side exhaust system as a rear will roast your trailer. Also, the force II is much quieter that the American Thunder version. Other that that, you could chip it out. Also, I have heard but have no personal experience with the Iridium Spark Plugs improving fuel burn.
  4. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would say the k&n intake is the best bang for your buck. I got mine for less then 200 on eBay used and it's a great power boost. And it's going to give you the most noticable difference and be less restrictive. Hope this helps.
  5. Snotrocket

Snotrocket New Member

Thanks for the help.