1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help 1994 Gmc Suburban, 5.7 L 350 4x4

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Luke Skywalka, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Luke Skywalka

Luke Skywalka New Member

Hi,

i got a smoking problem, lol not health wise but with the truck:)
    sucks.

At Cold Start it blows blueish white smoke heavly, and if i try to put the truck
    in drive or Reverse it bogs out and dies. But if i leave it in Neutral and rev for about 1 to 3 mins and blows
    smoke even more but i can then drop it in gear and drive. but once truck starts driveing theres no more smoke
    and it runs fine sounds fine. But once i shut off the truck it restarts the proccess. blows smoke like no tommarow, have to rev to
    get it clear so i can put it in drive or reverse. Any Ideas what it is ?
  2. geo1

geo1 Member

you might have shot valve guide seals,remember a motor pulls the most vacuum at idle,quick test,at end of commute,shut down quickly,start up in morn.get in and go,try for a day or two,see if you get less smoke.back to high vacuum at idle,it is just sucking oil past the seals cause it is the quickest route to cylinder
  3. Luke Skywalka

Luke Skywalka New Member

thank you for the response ill have to give this a try....
    :)
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have you ever used Seafoam? Get some at most Autoparts stores and try it.. I would get the spray and Gas/oil Additive.
  5. Luke Skywalka

Luke Skywalka New Member

No i never used seafoam. wha does it do ?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cleans out all the Crap in your intake, Motor, Lubes your top end.. Try it..