1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEED HELP/ADVICE w/ the drop I got

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by 08_rado_rocker, Mar 11, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

So, I was told that I was going to be getting a McGaughy's Brand 3/5 drop when i got it done. Originally the owner of the shop that did it told me that it would take a 2" spindle and a 1" spring in the front to get the 3" and a flip kit w/hanger in the back. But when i got my truck back it didnt look as low as it should in the front and upon further inspection i noticed that my spring hadn't been changed at all and there were no clean spots where there should have been from them touching them and road grime coming off. The guy that did the actual install told me that they did a 3" drop spindle.. but i find it shady that they told me one thing and i got a different...

Also, is there a need to change the shocks front/back. The ride isnt terrible.. its obviously rough as hell in the back, but the front feels exactly the same.

Thanks, BJ
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

This is for an 08? There's no such thing as a 3" drop spindle. Mcgaughys only makes 2" drop spindles. A flip kit and hangar doesn't sound right for the back. You can use both but you would be a lot lower then 5. More like 8 or so.
  3. pantydropper

pantydropper New Member

theythey should have done 2 inch drop spindles 1 inch drop coils in the front an done 2 inch drop shackles with the 2-3 inch drop hangars.
  4. 08_rado_rocker

See.. that's what i thought as well. I searched all over for a "McGaughy's" 3" drop spindle.. and came up with NOTHING. So the owner of that shop and I are going to have to have a not-so-nice talk.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Again, thanks for the input. But as far as the flip kit goes.. that AND the hanger in the back is the only way to get the 5". Otherwise with just the flip it would be a 7".. the hangers bring it back UP 2".
  5. pantydropper

pantydropper New Member

that doesnt make sense unless he put a 2" lift hangar on it with the flip kit.
  6. 08_rado_rocker

Lol.. exactly. I must not have put that across right. Thanks for the input on the front bro! I've gotta find time to get in his face and see what he says about the shotty work he did. I called him on another number and he told me the same thing. "2 inch spindle, 1 inch spring, flip kit with hanger in back and four shocks, aligned" and i know my springs and shocks are all still stock.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

actually i misread what y'all were saying.

sorry about that, I think what I'm gonna do is call McGaughy's and see what they say about how it should have been done. But the back is DEFINITELY flipped.
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Rado, try a BDS -6" drop. That might look confusing, but just google under the alternate name of 6" lift. Ignore the last word though. It's really a -6" drop. Trust me. It'll work.... DO IT... :great:
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Someone educate me on lowering please?
  9. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree! BDS 6". Maybe if you install a BDS-6" lift upside down then it will drop it.:lol:
    Last edited: May 4, 2012