1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help ASAP with 1995 Chevy Van G30

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sascee111, May 15, 2010.

1. sascee111

sascee111 New Member

I have a Chevy Van G30 5.7 350 engine. I was trying to take the bolts out of the intake manifold and one of the bolts snapped on me. I need help on how to get the broken bolt out. I have tried heat and using the vice grips and I tried liquid wrench with no luck. Can anyone suggest any other ways ASAP. Need the van on the road.
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Get you some easy outs. They drill into broken bolts and take them out. Me and my buddy used some to extract a broken sparkplug out of a ford ranger that broke flush with with the head. They're simple and easy to use and come with instructions. If i remember correctly you drill them into the broke bolt, then thread the bolt out slowly with the Easy Out. You can get them at places like autozone, Lowes, Homedepot, and wal-mart.
  3. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I Agree easy outs are the easiest thing to use to get any broken bolts and screws out you use a cut end on some of them then flip them over and use the screw end to back the bolt out it works with a left handed thread and reverses the screw out that way by digging in harder as long as pressure is maintained. the man who invented the easy out should get a nobel prize for saving the sanity of millions of mechanics. lol