1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help before i get broke !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by stokely327, Jun 16, 2010.

1. stokely327

stokely327 New Member

Hello Everyone
    I have a 1997 Chevy Express LS 1500 conversion van with a Vortec 5.7 motor.
    About 2 week ago I was driving the van and it started to overheat , after getting it home I noticed I had oil in the radiator overflow and I started to hear a knocking in the motor on the passenger side ... but the knocking only happen when the RPM get to about 2000 rpms.... No water on the oil dip stick, but it was signs of water in the oil filter .. I was told a head gasket but the van lost NO power nor did smoke come out of the tail pipe , and I was also told it could be a manifold gasket. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Doesn't sound good. Could have been the manifold gasket to start, but if you've got a bearing knocking, the damage is probably done.