1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help .>>> Can Some One Give Me A Pic For Your Engine Wiring Harness Connec....>>

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by eddy_764, Oct 15, 2010.

1. eddy_764

eddy_764 New Member

Need Help Finding Where This Plugs In..

Attached Files:

2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

I magnified your pic & I can't tell which end of it you're asking about. Are you talking about the end that is pointed towards the firewall, or the end that is below your hand?
    How many wires in the loom?
    What color are the wires?
    Is there a plastic connector or are they loose?

***edit
    Are you the original owner? Does everything work on your vehicle? Sometimes vehicles have extra unused wireing looms that go nowhere, because certain cars/trucks don't all recieve the same accesories depending on how they were ordered..
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

*********thread moved******** also year, model, engine size will help since there are variations on the 1999-2007 chevies.
  5. eddy_764

eddy_764 New Member

2002 Suburban 1500 5.3L Owner (DAD) . Its Next To the Firewall I Noticed It Hanging Also My Code Reader Gave These Codes P0300 - P1120 - P1220 - P1516 - P1518 ... Truck Idles Rough ,Stalls, I Noticed The Throttle Body Plate Doesnt Open All The Way When Stepping On the Gas. It Feels Like The Truck Isnt Breathing And Losing Alot Of Power

View attachment 21670 Cable Was Hanging Next To Headers Comes Out From Firewall
    View attachment 21672 Throttle Body Solenoid Or Dont Know the Real Name For It..
    View attachment 21671 Throttle Position Sensor (New) Just Changed Yesterday But No Luck

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I Also Cant Find The EGR In This Truck..
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

on the wire I am going to take a guess. might be there for a hood light. I looked at mine and its a little different but I have a cable in that spot that goes from there to the hood. here is how mine is different though: mine has an eyelet connection on both sides so it just goes to a bolt on the fire wall and a bolt on the hood. I am assuming on mine it just a way to ground the hood even though i would assume the bracket bolts would do that. as stated before sometimes there are loose connectors as not all models carried the same options. I think some 1500s have hood lights but as stated before Im just guessing.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

p0300 random cylinder misfire
    p1120 throttle position sensor 1 circuit
    p1220 throttle position sensor circuit fault
    p1516 electronic throttle module throttle position
    p1518 no communication between electronic throttle module and pcm (throttle actuator control)

posting codes for others to chime in. looking a the codes could be more than just the tps, could be more into the whole throttle body (with all the motors harness etc), but Im not sure of all the differnt sensors and modules attached to it. So I would wait for others before trying that as I am not sure on it. this is just what I found when searching a little.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  7. MightyMax

MightyMax New Member

Not sure on the connection

But I would check timing.
    Also, take a look at your TPS.
    He could be bad......If you can get like a back probe type connector to a volt meter and slide it into the TPS connector.
    You can turn the ignition to "ON" (not started) and move the throttle through the range of motion and see if the voltage increases. I think from .5V - ~5V
    If you disconnect the connector, you can measure the resistance on the TPS, by connecting to the leads on the TPS and moving the Throttle.
    You should see an in/decrease of resistance as you move through the range. If it skips resistance or jumps while moving, then your TPS is bad.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

EGR, if it is like my truck.
    Would be located towards the back of the engine on top.
    Passenger side.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

The other pictures you posted, will not come up.
    So you may want to try again.
  8. eddy_764

eddy_764 New Member

I found The Plug Goes into hood Lamp U Were Right dsloyd.. I Also Already Changed The TPS (NEW ONE FROM AUTOZONE ) Throttle Opens But Still Idles Rough
  9. MightyMax

MightyMax New Member

I have a 91, 350, 5.7l

I have been battling a lot of issues with mine, one of which is rough idle...
    Still kinda battling that one.

But if your TPS is new, and you are certain it is not DOA from the store.
    Then other things to check
    1) Timing -- This should be a number 1 check
    2) Plugs -- last changed?
    3) Cap and Rotor --- Remove and inspect them, replace if necessary
    4) IAC
    5) TBI --- If you have TBI, maybe clean and rebuild him.
    6) Vacuum Hoses --- Make sure you have no bad hoses, or loose ones.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

You got these codes after TPS replaced??
    p1120 throttle position sensor 1 circuit
    p1220 throttle position sensor circuit fault

You may want to make sure you got the right TPS or that it is good.
    Where is the old TPS?
    You can test his resistance since he is off the engine
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

did you reset codes after replacing the tps. if not I would and then see what comes back. the last couple codes are for more than the TPS but more into TAC motor as that sends the info to the pcm. Glad the cable was to the under hood light. not sure if the random misfire would be related, but I would clear codes and see what comes back. if running rough with the misfires still then gotta look at plugs wires, fuel delivery etc.