Need help deciding on tire size and wheel combo

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jeter4141, Apr 6, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. jeter4141

jeter4141 New Member

Hey everyone my name is Tom. I'm new to this forum and new to 4 wheel drives. I've always had 2 wheel drive trucks and the sport look. I just purchased a 2013 chevy crew cab truck graystone metallic 4 wheel drive with the all star package. Basically the black door handles with the 17 aluminum wheels. I have to say the wheels are not much to look at.
    I need some advice on what type of wheels and tire to put on it. I wont be lifting it, its going to be my everyday driver. I was thinking going 18's with an all terrain tire for it, and then i was thinking maybe i should try and contact a chevy dealer and try to get the 20's chrome clad wheels . I just dont know what to do. I appreciate any advice that someone can give. Thankyou, Tom
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

First off Welcome..Where are you from?

Ok Next never buy from the dealer what you can find on Ebay or Craigslist for 1/2 the price..Nice sounding ride..
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome, Tom! :great:
  4. donyms

donyms New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Tom, it's great to have you aboard. I buy everything from the Dealer that I can because of the much better quality and I want my truck to remain a quality truck. I think the GM dealer has a good choice of wheel styles and mine were actually cheaper than the ones I was looking at online. :great:
  5. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club from another Tom. Sounds like you have a great ride.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  7. Stephenz

Stephenz New Member

Hi all its nice to see you all here and i hope you all feels good to join this site,.
    Keep stay here and keep shared with each others,.
    I am also a new member of this site,.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to gmtc. I would check craigslist in your area. The dealers near me post new "take offs" all the time at a good price. Most the time it is from a truck that they put custom rims and tires on and want to get rid of the old ones.
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our forum and changed the title to more match your topic. This should help in getting you more responses and opinions related to you question.
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

I myself prefer 17 - 18" rims.... just seems like a nice balance of rim to rubber. Also' you have a larger assortment of tires that are in my budget range. Rims and tires can be one of the biggest changes to your truck. With rims and tires stick with the better name brands and you won't go wrong.