1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help deciding on what to convert to

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bostic220, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bostic220

bostic220 New Member

Right now, I have the flowmaster 70 series dual exhaust (not true dual) on my 07 silverado. Ive had it for about a year and a half but I want something louder. Ive come down to either getting the cherry bomb extremes or the flowmaster super 44s. Its hard to decide because I like the aggressive sound of the cherry bomb, but I also like the deep sound of the 44s. I might also be open to the possibility of straight pipes.

I also wanted to know if any of you had an idea about how much it would cost to make it true dual.

Im new to this stuff so if any of this doesnt make sense, im sorry.
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd say that you need the flowmaster 2 chambers (40 series) maybe the 44's you mentioned with the tips dumped at the muffler. Thats where the tips are turned down to the ground, you get a better echo. If you want true dual expect 400 to 500 for the full service.
  3. bostic220

bostic220 New Member

The 44 dumped sounds good but would it be too loud inside the truck?