GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Need help diagnosing tow haul mode thing

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by lube70, Dec 5, 2009.

1. lube70

lube70 New Member

OK, have an 06 Silverado with the 5.3 and when I drive it in tow haul mode and let off the gas on the highway, the rpms drop to idle. If I hit the gas, the rpms will jump back up to normal but inbetween the two points, it's like the engine and trans are not connected kinda feel.

Example:

Driving along at 40 mph and traffic slows and we go down a grade. Hit the brakes and the rpms start to drop to idle. Now a couple of seconds later, the hill changes and we must go up...so hit the gas easy and the rpms come up, while on the way up, feels like there is no connection between trans and engine, almost like in neutral. Then is fine. Drives fine.

Does not do this in normal mode. Is this normal in tow haul or has something gone wrong. Still warrantied and dealer says its normal. Haven't trusted them in years ....lol

Can anyone take out their truck and give this a try and see if there truck does the same thing???

ANy help is appreicated.

Call me if you need to help with it.

my number is 973-277-4294..just a jersey guy trying to make sure all is well

Thanks again

Don
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member

I don't have my 06 2500HD anymore, but mine never did that. The only thing I found weird with the tow/haul is when the cruise was on and it was on level or slightly down hill, it would start to surge like it was hunting for the right range.