Need help figuring out what something is called...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by elittle, May 10, 2012.

  1. elittle

    elittle Member

    It's a mesh steel screen but heavy duty, it mounts in the bed of the truck and covers the window so nothing will slam into it. I saw an awesome one today with bars that also went along the top of the bed rails, but I can't figure out what these things are called.

    Anyone know?
  2. pmf608

    pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    Those are called headache racks. They can be heavy expanded metal like you described, or have a frame around the outside with solid metal bars across them, or however that particular company or person wants to build them. The bars along the bed rails like you describe help to give them more strength and stability than when they are just mounted at the front of the box.
  3. tbplus10

    tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

  4. elittle

    elittle Member

    Thanks guys!
  5. Coach24

    Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

    Yuppers the old headache racks. Many uses for them nowadays. Attach the kids and wife to them so you can listen to your tunes uninterrupted .:rofl:
  6. SurrealOne

    SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    Better to avoid having a wife and kids in the first place, IMHO, as it means less air resistance, which helps MPG.
  7. Coach24

    Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

  8. Coach24

    Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

    To be really cool buy one of the class8 head ache racks. They are huge. I guess for those with migraines:lol:

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos