1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need help how to lift rear 2in

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevybulldog6, May 22, 2009.

1. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

my 2005 silverado sits about 1 1/2in lower in the back compared to the front. I already have a 4in lift block, 2in lift block, and a add-a-leaf on the rear. I am trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to get the truck to sit level or even a little taller in the rear. I was considering adding another add-a-leaf but will it actually lift it 1 1/2 - 2in like it says since it already has an add-a-leaf on it? Thanks for the help guys.
  2. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I would have suggested an add-a-leaf but since it already has one I would have to do some research. I'm guessing probably some lifting blocks. I'll get back to you.

-Greg
  3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Lower the T-Bars in the front to level it? With that much lift, you can lose an inch or so and still be fine.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This might not be the cheapest way, but it will definitely be the safest. With 6 inches of lift blocks you are certainly going to experience some serious axle wrap issues especially under an extreme braking condition. This was a problem for me with an old Dodge pickup I had (1985) I had a 4 inch Rancho kit on it which consisted of new front leaves and a 4 inch block which had to be stacked on the existing 2 inch block for the rear. The result being on several occasions whenever I locked the brakes the rear springs would wrap into an "S" and it would invariably pull the rear drive shaft right out of the slip yoke! To correct this I took the truck to a local spring shop and had them re-arch and add leaves to give me 6 inches of lift with just the stock 2 inch block and toss the 4 inch block in the trash! they added a leaf to the front Rancho leaves and also found me a longer slip yoke, axle wrap cured! it's up to you but I would consider this option because riding around on 6 inches of stacked blocks is not safe in my opinion, just my 2 cents. :great:
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree that stacked blocks is not the best. You need a set of springs that will give you 4-6 inches of lift without blocks. I would think you could order them from Pro-Comp or any other lift company. Then maybe a 2-4 inch block to level out.