need help how to lift rear 2in

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevybulldog6, May 22, 2009.

1. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

my 2005 silverado sits about 1 1/2in lower in the back compared to the front. I already have a 4in lift block, 2in lift block, and a add-a-leaf on the rear. I am trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to get the truck to sit level or even a little taller in the rear. I was considering adding another add-a-leaf but will it actually lift it 1 1/2 - 2in like it says since it already has an add-a-leaf on it? Thanks for the help guys.

2. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I would have suggested an add-a-leaf but since it already has one I would have to do some research. I'm guessing probably some lifting blocks. I'll get back to you.

-Greg

3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Lower the T-Bars in the front to level it? With that much lift, you can lose an inch or so and still be fine.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This might not be the cheapest way, but it will definitely be the safest. With 6 inches of lift blocks you are certainly going to experience some serious axle wrap issues especially under an extreme braking condition. This was a problem for me with an old Dodge pickup I had (1985) I had a 4 inch Rancho kit on it which consisted of new front leaves and a 4 inch block which had to be stacked on the existing 2 inch block for the rear. The result being on several occasions whenever I locked the brakes the rear springs would wrap into an "S" and it would invariably pull the rear drive shaft right out of the slip yoke! To correct this I took the truck to a local spring shop and had them re-arch and add leaves to give me 6 inches of lift with just the stock 2 inch block and toss the 4 inch block in the trash! they added a leaf to the front Rancho leaves and also found me a longer slip yoke, axle wrap cured! it's up to you but I would consider this option because riding around on 6 inches of stacked blocks is not safe in my opinion, just my 2 cents. :great:

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree that stacked blocks is not the best. You need a set of springs that will give you 4-6 inches of lift without blocks. I would think you could order them from Pro-Comp or any other lift company. Then maybe a 2-4 inch block to level out.