1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

need help...I have an unidentified squeak in my 05 Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by victoryredwolf, Aug 24, 2006.

1. victoryredwolf

victoryredwolf New Member

I have an unidentified squeak coming from the center of the Colorado. I took it to the dealer who checked, driveshaft, U-joints, exhaust, mounts, guards, ....etc...etc. Stopped at local garage the mechanic trhere has on 06 Colorado. he says his does some thing. Does anyone have an idea on what it could be or have it happen to them??????

05 Colorado, 40,000 miles, squeaks from 0 to 30 mph.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

When do you hear the squeek? Driving? at rest? How loud is it?

3. victoryredwolf

Un-identified squeak

The squeak occurs from takeoff and only lasts until you hit 25-30mph. It does not do it consistantly. It is fairly loud. I can hear it over the radio, with the windows up. It drives me crazy that the neither the dealer or the local garage can come up with an answer. I couldn't find anything either.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that's pretty vague and could be anything from a worn/broken motor mount to body shift to transmission to belt. Does it do it at fast idle or only when the vehicle is in motion?

5. RG

RG New Member

Colorado squeak

My 05 developed an irritating squeak after having travelled on a muddy road recently. I could not find it and eventually came to the conclusion that it was dirt trapped between the wheel well liners and the body work. I took a high pressure garden hose to the front wheel wells and the squeak disapeared. Give it a try. RG

6. doggy717

doggy717 New Member

Have you had the bed liner removed, and had another type put in?
    I notice that after my factory liner was removed, and the spray in liner was put in that I had a squeak.

7. victoryredwolf

unidentified squeak

I drive alot of muddy roads ever since I got it. It never squeaked until I had to have the front emergency brake cable fixed. The dealer claims they checked the underside and didnt find anything.

Tried spraying wheel wells and underside with power sprayer didn't work.

Still only squeaks while in gear from take off until about 30.MPH. When in neutral it doesnt squeak.

Now the squeak has become constant.

Not real thrilled with the Colorado at this point. This makes warranty repair on windshield gasket, warranty repair on the shocks, replaced front emergency break cable, fog lights went out replaced under warranty. All this in the first year of ownership. Bought it new from dealer, at this rate I bet my next truck will not have the name Chevy on it.

8. doggy717

doggy717 New Member

IS IT A SQUEAK OR A SQUEAL? IF SQUEAL IT MAY BE THE PULLEY FOR THE BELT

9. ChevyFan

10. Unstable2

Unstable2 New Member

heya I've got the same type squeeky noise from the center but on the left side of my 2006 4cyl man.tranny reg. cab 2wd mainly @ lower rpms i'm in the process of elimination.let yous all know what i come across.