1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help I Stumped........

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Oakley10289, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

I threw the scan tool on my 2004 Silverado since its showing me the check engine light, and it doesn't bring anything up, the scan tool is brand new and I have used it on my fathers truck as well as my brothers but it wouldn't bring anything up on mine. Advanced Auto Parts told me that a fuse might be blown inside and i checked all of them and their all fine a need help to know what to do next to get the scanner to work......thanks in advanced for any and all hep
  2. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is the scanner communicating with the truck? If not check the cigarette lighter fuse as that is also the fuse for the OBDII system.
  4. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

my cig lighter fuse isnt workin aswell all fuses inside are fine checked all is it one under the hood and thatnk u sir for the reply
  5. Mean_Green_95

Fix the cigarette lighter power problem and then you should be able to pull some codes.
  6. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

done and threw the scanner on it i dont remember the code something like PO+++ and a bank 1 sensor 1 came up i replaced the O2 sensor on the passenger side and the code comes up again after i drove it could it be the O2 sensor on the driver side and/or the cat??
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  7. Mean_Green_95

Could be the driver side sensor. It would be best to get the code and do a quick search either here or on google so we would know for sure.
  8. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

put new batteries in my scanner now it works lol the code code up as.....P0135 02 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
  9. Mean_Green_95

No idea on that one.
  10. Novah

Novah New Member

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the oxygen sensor on the drivers side that is in front of the catalytic converter.