NEED HELP!! No rear lights...at all!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mitch4x4, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

I just got my truck out of the shop for all new brake lines and a leaky fuel pump....needless to say it cost a few dollars. Anyways, now my rear lights won't work. I have nothing back there, no brake lights, park lights etc. They all worked before...also the center brake light on the cab still works. Any ideas??

2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

It is possible if they dropped the fuel tank to repair these issues you had , they damaged the wires / connectors to the rear lights. if all the lights do not work this is very much what happened.

I know not all of us can / or have the ability to do these repairs , but this is what occurs when the profit over comes quality , when repair shops do not use care and check out their work.

3. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

Thank you for the reply. I traced the wires and found a plug was not properly pluged in. Probably from a bump or tug on the wire while getting worked on. So glad it was something simple. I am not one for electrical problems.

4. j cat

well that is good your fix is not an added cost. many times they will break those plastic fuel/vapor lines or crush them.

5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You should learn how to do the brakes! You tube can be very friendly. The internet has provided many $$$ saving projects. Just saying! Google works well too! If I can, "YOU CAN"!

6. j cat

I would not recommend any newbie to auto repair to take on replacing of all brake lines , and then the fuel pump / fuel leaks.

when I stated ability I was meaning having a place to do this work .

7. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I do all of my work outside, laying on the ground, on my knees, with general tools! I don't have a shop, but wish I did! I learned how to save $$$ by doing my own work. Brakes are a easy chore with the tools recommended. For what you pay in Garage Fees, you can purchase the necessary tools. Nuff Said!

8. j cat

if you live in a deed restricted home/condo etc . working on vehicles on the property would be not allowed . this is just one example . some areas do have places for rent to provide DIY to work vehicles.

with common simple repairs and maintenance, and a place to work it I agree with your statements.

step one of having the right tools is with being very familiar with vehicle repair manual from the manufacturer..