1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEED HELP!! No rear lights...at all!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mitch4x4, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

I just got my truck out of the shop for all new brake lines and a leaky fuel pump....needless to say it cost a few dollars. Anyways, now my rear lights won't work. I have nothing back there, no brake lights, park lights etc. They all worked before...also the center brake light on the cab still works. Any ideas??
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It is possible if they dropped the fuel tank to repair these issues you had , they damaged the wires / connectors to the rear lights. if all the lights do not work this is very much what happened.

I know not all of us can / or have the ability to do these repairs , but this is what occurs when the profit over comes quality , when repair shops do not use care and check out their work.
  3. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

Thank you for the reply. I traced the wires and found a plug was not properly pluged in. Probably from a bump or tug on the wire while getting worked on. So glad it was something simple. I am not one for electrical problems.
  4. j cat

well that is good your fix is not an added cost. many times they will break those plastic fuel/vapor lines or crush them.
  5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You should learn how to do the brakes! You tube can be very friendly. The internet has provided many $$$ saving projects. Just saying! Google works well too! If I can, "YOU CAN"!
  6. j cat

I would not recommend any newbie to auto repair to take on replacing of all brake lines , and then the fuel pump / fuel leaks.

when I stated ability I was meaning having a place to do this work .
  7. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I do all of my work outside, laying on the ground, on my knees, with general tools! I don't have a shop, but wish I did! I learned how to save $$$ by doing my own work. Brakes are a easy chore with the tools recommended. For what you pay in Garage Fees, you can purchase the necessary tools. Nuff Said!
  8. j cat

if you live in a deed restricted home/condo etc . working on vehicles on the property would be not allowed . this is just one example . some areas do have places for rent to provide DIY to work vehicles.

with common simple repairs and maintenance, and a place to work it I agree with your statements.

step one of having the right tools is with being very familiar with vehicle repair manual from the manufacturer..