1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need help on easy ways to go higher!!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nyterydr1500, Oct 3, 2010.

1. nyterydr1500

nyterydr1500 New Member

I already have a 6" RCD kit and 35's, but is there any way to go just a little bit higher without doing a body lift. I have heard too many bad things about the usual 3" body lift. I was wondering if it was possible to install a bigger spindle like the ones you can buy on a spindle lift kit? take into consideration that it is a 1500 2wd. Any help or tips would be very helpful!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Your RCD suspension lift already has lift spindles. I don't care for bodylifts either, but if you need just a little more lift than check out ZoneSuspesions 1.5" bodylift.

3. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Off Road Design has an 1" body lift that look to be pretty good.

4. silveradotrailblazer

kburb I don't think off-road design has a bodylift kit for the '93 and up trucks. But for '93 down they have some bada*s stuff.

5. nyterydr1500

nyterydr1500 New Member

ohhh ok. is there a bigger spindle i could put on? or would the 1.5 body lift be my best bet? I was even thinking of a spacer for the front and air bags for the back since ill be towing anyways... but im not sure. its my first truck so im still learning all this stuff

6. silveradotrailblazer

If you start trying to lift your truck any higher with suspension mods then you will run into drive shaft issues. The rear airbags are good for towing, you will need to get a kit for lifted trucks.

7. nyterydr1500

nyterydr1500 New Member

ok. ill have drive shaft issues even if its only a couple inches higher? i knew that there would be more power lost the higher i go but i didnt think id have drive shaft issues unless i did like anything above 10". its only a 1500 so its all for looks pretty much haha. i just hate that rubbing that i have. and i recently had my tires rotated so its really bad on both sides now. and ya i think firestone has a kit for lifted trucks.

8. silveradotrailblazer

If you lift the truck to high than the drive shaft angle is to steep so you get vibration. Most kits higher than 6" lift have brackets to change the transfer case angle. Also the drive shafts need to be lenghtened. The RCD lift kit is a very good kit, don't fu*k it up trying to modify it. Your truck looks good. Maybe try cranking the torson bars a LITTLE so the tires won't rub.

9. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

Do you have stock torsion keys? You can always replace the rear blocks and put bigger keys on it. Or turn the ones up that are already there. A buddy of mine did keys and new set of leafs in the back. It looked awesome.

10. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

i have a 1500 4x4 with a pro comp 6" lift and a 3" body lift and 2.5 torison keys and a 4" flip shakle and i have not had to change anything to the drive shaft or to the brake lines and it rides great