need help on tow package please.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Silverado 2005 LS, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS, Ext Cab, Reg bed; and I have recently gotten the Tow Package off our 2004 Chevy Suburban LT, now first of all, will it fit on my truck? and second I have the receiver hitch, but I need to know what type of bolts to buy to mount it to my frame on my truck. so if anyone can answer these questions for me, it would be much appreciated!

thank you all,

Joseph A.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

dunno if it will fit, but you will want grade 8 bolts at least, if not 11s.

Alex

3. mmkay, thanks for the help!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I hope that's a quality aftermarket hitch you removed and plan to reinstall. The factory hitches are junk.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try going on line to a hitch company like HiddenHitch and look at the part #'s for your truck and the Suburban, see if the part #'s match.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Also, welcome to the club.

6. Its a stocker off of the '04 Burb, and they took it off cuz the electrical hook up was damaged after some dude hit us doing 90mph on the I-15, but they said that is the only damage done to it

7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What do you intend to tow?

8. 13ft flatt bed trailer, made by gibson? and at the most 1 ATV, and a Race Rhino, and some fuel cans. im not loooking to tow like a toy hauler or something heavier, thats what i have my F250 for