1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help Ordering LED's

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by lancer, Sep 11, 2011.

1. lancer

lancer New Member ROTM Winner

hey guys i'm needing some help and places to order some LED lights. its for my 2002 tahoe. i went to my local shops and looked today but they didn't have any. also my question is can i pull the light bulb out of the housing or do i need to get the new twist locks?? i'm looking at superbrightleds.com but i'm not sure which ones to order. can anyone help me please? i wanting to order them soon since i have my truck tore apart at the moment!!!! here is what i'm working with...... light bulb.jpg
  2. lancer

3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that link says they fit type 74 bulbs, which are considerably smaller than the bulbs in your cluster (although I think there might be a couple of 74's for warning lights and such). You would need lights that work to replace type 194 bulbs.
  4. lancer

well F*CK!!!!! i hate ordering stuff online that i'm not sure about.... everything on the superbright website says 195 and 194's are glove box lights. can someone help me out here i can't seem to find what i'm needing. i want to replace the 6 gaugle cluster bulbs....
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  5. pmf608

6. Falcone

Falcone New Member

pmy608 has got it right. You ordered the wrong bulbs my friend. I did this swap on my 92 Sonoma back a couple years ago, even it used the 194's I was able to find a semi local guy and got them for a decent price. but super brightleds.com or whatever it is is also a good site which I may be ordering some MAP LED lights off of. Which by the way you might want to do at the same time you order your new 194's to complete your look.
  7. lancer

ya i ordered the wrong ones. they came in today so i could use 4 of the 6 for the blinkers, cruise and its a got a brighter bright light now. i've got a few more questions now. has anyone changed the heater controls, 4x4, and light switch lights? they are really really small bulbs.

thanks for all the help guys!!!!
  8. pmf608

Lancer, If you read through the thread I linked to earlier about my LED swap, you will find all the information you need for the climate controls and a lot of info on the headlight switch. Everything else will be similar to the climate controls in that they are soldered onto circuit boards and to replace them you need to remove the existing lights and solder on new LEDs with the correct resistors.

In my thread, the info on the climate controls is in post #28 and the info on the headlight switch is distributed throughout a few posts somewhere between roughly post #30 and post #60.