1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need help please ???? 08 silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mykl1978, Jan 7, 2009.

1. mykl1978

mykl1978 New Member

i have a 2008 silverado LT and i what to put a auto dual ac cilmate control in ... i saw one out of a 07... so im asking will it work and will it just plug in ????? thanks mike
  2. Heineken

Heineken New Member

I believe it will. I have a '08 Tahoe and it is identical to the '07 that I traded in for it. Same set up as the Silverado's
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

I'm not too sure but you have to remember that with the auto climate control there has to be some temperature gauges somewhere in the cab. I have the auto climate control and it has driver and passanger settings. I don't know how accurate they are but it looks like there is more involved than a plug and play unit.
  4. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Did you go to the Parts Dept. at the Dealer and ask them to cross ref. the models to see what you need? Or at the very least to see if your truck was already wired for it? Then it's plug/play. Most of the new vehicles are coming wired this way so can add feature easier and not F'up your truck trying to add aftermarket equipment.......

Jeff
  5. GA SIERRA

GA SIERRA New Member

i'm pretty sure it will not work.when you have dual climate control you have 2 blend doors ( hot/cold ) in the box under the dash that houses the heater core and the evaporater.The blend doors are operated by stepper motors.I might be wrong on the 08's I havent worked on one yet but this is what I have seen on the earlier years though.