1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help wiring a flame thrower kit for my truck!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by b_burdine, Nov 7, 2009.

1. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member

Hey I recently bought a flamethrower kit for my 03 silverado and was wondering if anyone had a diagram of the ignition and I wanted to see if you all knew where the ignition coil was
  2. ShortyzKustomz

ShortyzKustomz New Member

Which motor do you have? And do you already have no converters on your truck? Flame thrower doesnt work with cats on there and usually doest work well on newer vehicles, not sure about these truck but alot of vehicles if you kill the spark the injectors wont fire right either, ie no fuel...no flame
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Unless he bought a kit that injects propane or some type of fuel into the exhaust flow after the cats.
    These type kits are becoming increasingly popular for late model vehicles.
    They normally dont run off the ignition system either. You have to run a seperate ignition source for the ignitor and you dont have to shut down the engine when igniting them.
  4. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member

I have the 4.8 liter with no cats or muffler.
  5. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member

I have the kit that burns unburnt fuel from the engine, no propane or anything like that. It says it's supposed to run off of the ignition though. any help to where the ignition coil is located on my truck?
  6. ShortyzKustomz

ShortyzKustomz New Member

Its not that easy on your truck, that kit is meant for older style vehicles where you kill the coil, and it dumps raw fuel, the raw unburnt fuel comes through the exhaust and flames up...to make a long story short. Like I said Im not sure how wonderful it will work on your distributorless ignition (I think the 03 v8s had no dizzy)
  7. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member

So what would you suggest?
  8. Gnarnar

Gnarnar New Member

A kit that does run off of propane or something else.