1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need help with 4wd problem on 96 tahoe 4door

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by switchblade94, Jan 29, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. switchblade94

switchblade94 New Member

hi i have a 1996 chevy tahoe 4dr 4x4 with the 5.7l push button 4x4 dual vforce exhaust and an aftermarket stereo proffessionally wired, and i put a different set of rims and tires on it (in my heated garage, im from canada) and out of no where the next day i tried to put it into 4wd cause my drive way is icy...and it you could hear a click from the t-case and the 4hi light just flashed and i was like ok so i tried it and i had no power to the front wheels..i kept spinning out in only rwd... so i backed up put the truck in park shut it off turned the power on and tried to put it in 4hi that way and again the t-case made a noise but the 4hi light kept flashing..... i tried it again in neutral and again the t-case made an noise from engaging but the light kept flashing...does anyone know what my problem is...i need it solved asap....as i have a 7 week old son...is it my actuator for my front diff??? i check both fuse boxes and there was a t-case fuse and a 4wd fuse neither of them are blown...
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It could also just be the switch itself as that was the case with my suburban
  3. switchblade94

switchblade94 New Member

i found out its due to my abs wire being broken....on my passenger side front wheel well but now i have a diferent issue... it locked up randomly on me and the emergency brake light came on and the brake peddle sank to the floor and i pulled into my driveway and than its leaking a bit of brake fluid out of my rear drivers side brake drum i check the other three and there not leaking!!!