Need Help With A Tire Size Please

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by chevyduce67, Dec 28, 2012.

1. chevyduce67

chevyduce67 New Member

Hey Guys, New to here. I know everybody probably asks tire questions all the time but I can't seem to find the info I need, and Tires are too Damn expensive to buy and find out they rub hard or just a little.
    The question at hand- I have a 2012 2500Hd Crew Cab and just bought a leveling kit and new wheels. The wheels are 8.5"x18 and have 5 3/16 backspacing nearest that I can measure. I am looking at a set of 325/60/18 tires and really don't want to do a whole lot more lifting because of my trailer height that I need to be under (no 4" lift). I was just wondering if anybody has used a tire that size on a newer '11 or '12 truck or if the 07,08,09,10 trucks have the same kind of clearance. I Have never had so much trouble deciding what size of tire to use, pulling my hair out here......

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know about the 2012 but I'm sure there is someone here that can help you. Welcome to the club. :glasses:

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Where do you live???

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Given your rim change and addition of the leveling kit (especially since you did not mention the size of your kit), it may be difficult for anyone to provide you a 100% accurate answer. So just in case you do not find out......

Many tire shops will mount one of the tires on your rim and check to ensure you get the fit you want. When I purchased my tires, they were more than willing to do that for free given I was getting ready to spend about $1200 with them. And I am glad they did, as the initial size I wanted did rub. If you have the ability to check before you buy, it will help tremendously.

5. chevyduce67

chevyduce67 New Member

My lift is at 2" over stock and can go to 3"