Need help with brake light switch!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by gimme_a_350, Mar 15, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. gimme_a_350

gimme_a_350 New Member

i have a 1994 C1500, as indicated in my sig... i'm replacing the brake light switch and I'm running into serious problems getting the stock one out. There is some sort of tensioned spring holding the switch to the brake pedal and I CANNOT GET IT REMOVED. I did a little research and was informed that I would need a pair of snap ring pliers in order to remove the spring, I have the pliers but I still cannot get the spring off... any suggestions at all, or has anyone done this before? help would definitely be appreciated!
  2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

I tried but wound up letting my mechanic do it my hands were just too big to get in there and after all that it turned out not to the switch.

I had no brake lights so though it was the brake switch but it turned out to be the turn signal switch the brakes run through there and when it goes other stuff will still worj but the brakes dont light up.
  3. gimme_a_350

gimme_a_350 New Member

ok guys, worry no more as I have fixed it! after finally getting the lock off of the original brake switch, I pulled the switch out. Installation of the new switch was far simpler than the removal, and I got my brake lights working again!
  4. ajos4582

ajos4582 New Member

How did you remove it, I am having the same problem and cannot figure out how to get it off.