1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need help with cab roof lights install?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bowtie11, Jan 11, 2010.

1. bowtie11

bowtie11 New Member

just ordered a set of recon cab roof lights for my 08 2500hd (with no roof lights). anyone install and wire up a set of roof lights??
  2. ahm1127

ahm1127 Member

I had to fix mine because the truck wont pas inspection unless they are working. Mine are single wire to each from a single relay powered from battery the is switched on with parking lights. The screws to roof make the ground. Never had truck with them before. You will have to remove headliner in truck & make sure you place relay were you may access it.
  3. jwc9

jwc9 New Member

I just finished the instasll on my recon cab lights. I have a 2009 3/4 ton that did not have them factory. There are no instruction in the recon kit. I did get the extra cost wiring harnes when I ordered. I went online and got directions off of the recon website. They were not much help. I used the measurements from them which puts them close to where the factory ones are. Only problem was that the roof supports are in this area. I had to fish the pigtail from each light out of the double wall roof. Once I did this I wired up and turned them on. NO lights hhhhmmm. Black wire with loop is ground and long green is hot. Well not on mine. Someone at the factory did it backwards. Short black wire with loop is hot and long green is ground. But anyway switched the wires and now they work. I hooked mine into the underhood power center on the fuse marked ltprk( left park). I also had read some had problems with them leaking so I took it through a high pressure wash to make sure and they didnt. Good luck and email me if I can help.