Audio Need help with custom middle console box

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by silverado346, Jan 5, 2013.

1. silverado346

silverado346 New Member

I wanted to build a custom middle console sub box in my 09 silverado ext. cab. I was curious if I would be able to fit a JL Audio 12w7 or a JL Audio 13w7. The reason why is because the sub boxes that fit under the rear seat just isnt enough for me. I like alot of bass and very loud music. and a custom middle console box is the only other way where I dont have to sacrifice my rear seats. I want to get as much possible without doing a blowout system that takes up the whole back of the truck. If anyone has something similar or knows if this will work it would help out alot thanks!

2. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Ported box for two 8W7s under your seat. I've seen and heard this box perform, don't let the number "8" create doubts, it's a very impressive box. Center console setups are more to compliment existing subs or for a more mellow, more factory thump, you won't get much in the way of performance out of a center console sub.

3. zigger215

But go single port and allow them to share it. Makes tuning easier

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yes it can be done This is Kyle's Truck from Chrome-N-Motion out of Atl It was built in the shop I worked in In Ga when I ws there.. Speakers are Focal and Sub was a 12w7... ktruck1.jpg ktruck2.jpg ktruck3.jpg ktruck4.jpg ktruck6.jpg with 28 in rims... ktruck5.jpg

5. silverado346

silverado346 New Member

hmm ya. Would you know where I can find a dual 8" ported box that will fit under my rear seats? or should I just have it built? The reason why I want a 12 instead is because i wanted the lower bass. But if the 8's deliver good lows too then i might consider it. And ported is definitely what i want. I plan on putting component speakers in and dynamat the cab. But ya excuse me if I sound dumb, i'm still pretty new with sound systems.

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

7. Enkeiavalanche

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Where are they located

9. zigger215

You would have to have your ported box built for that application. The 8W7 is the only 8 I recommend because its the only 8 I've heard in that box in that truck. It did hit low and loud

10. Enkeiavalanche

I sent them a mesg Let me see if I hear back and and if they want to build more.. I do know that the one you see for the 12w7 was about $3000,00....