need help with drop

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 89suburban350, Jul 21, 2007.

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok so i bought a flip kit for the suburban and i am afraid the drop is going to be too low. but i planned on putting monroe air shocks to pump it back up. but i want to be able to control the lift and height inside the car and one know how i can do this? i already looked into those kits by airlift but they are way out of my budget. does anyone know how i can create a kit where i can do this?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If your using air shocks for lift you can get an underhood air compressor, plumb it to an auxilary air tank under the truck somewhere, mount an inline regulator in the cab and plumb it to the shocks.
    This is a poor mans air ride system. I've seen guys with extra long shocks get lots of lift this way.
    Be warned though air shocks will make for an extremely stiff ride.

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A flip kit is very low on a Suburban. It leaves about 3" from axel to frame so I do suggest looking into a "C" notch in frame too. After that its personal preference "Air ride" is the one I've used before.