Need help with easy ways to improve appearance of my 2007 Silverado LTZ Classic 1500.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Fathtastic, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Fathtastic

Fathtastic New Member

I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 2007 black Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Classic. Nothing is after market except the tinted windows and K&N air intake system that came with it. I'm looking to spend around $2,000 on upgrades/improvements and need some advice! What do you guys think I should go with? Leveling kit/ Body lift/ tail/head lights?

Any advice or pictures would be welcomed!

Alex

2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Head/Tail lights, replace all bulbs with LED ones, keep it shiny.

3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think leveling kit with wheels and tires will be the best bang for your buck!

So it looks like this! [​IMG]

4. Fathtastic

Fathtastic New Member

Thanks for the reply! What would you suggest with body lift/ leveling kit and or new tires/rims?

5. Fathtastic

Fathtastic New Member

Suggestions?

6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would stay away from body lifts personally. They cost a little more than a leveling kit and you won't be able to clear much larger tires than just using a leveling kit. Plus I don't think they look as good since they show you frame rails. As far as wheels and tires I would stay under 18'' wheels if you way stay under you $2000 budget. Post some pics of the truck so we can make some good wheel/tires suggestions!

7. Fathtastic

Fathtastic New Member

Thanks for the help! I'll upload some pictures tomorrow since it's dark out. Glad to see somebody else from Indiana/kentucky on here, I've seen some awesome trucks since I have moved down here.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Alex! :great:

9. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wash it and keep it clean! LOL!

I have a '95 OBS Silverado that has all of the usual appearance "upgrades" of the day... Diamond plate bed rails, tool box, hood deflector... To me, they all start looking the same after a while.

let's say that you do put in LED lights, clear euro lights, HIDs, Chrome tubes, aftermarket wheels, lift kit, blah blah blah... It will just blend in with all of the other ones out there that people have done the same stuff to. (No offense intended to anyone who has done that stuff! It's your truck, and if you like it, that's all that matters!) If you want a one of a kind head turner, then customize it! Do a custom paint job, custom interior with one-off woofer enclosures and stuff like that.

For the love of trucks, PLEASE don't put Auto Zone stick on hood scoops, fake fender vents and "Try Me" LEDs all over it! Everyone knows the scoops and vents are fake (especially when they can't be bothered to put them on straight). Heads will turn, but they will also be snickering at you.

There's a guy that works at the local Auto Zone with a 2002-ish Dodge Charger V6. He has decorated almost the entire body with stick-on accessories! He has stick on hood scoops with stick on chrome letters on them. he has every kind of fake stick on fender vent made. He has chrome peel and stick lettering on the quarter panels and across the hood and deck lid. It looks completely comical! (I will have to try to get a picture of it to post here). He backs it in to a parking space right in front of the store and poses it in the space like he is in a car show with it. Don't be THAT guy! Spend your money on a supercharger. That way, you only have to customize the back of your truck, because that's the only part people will see!

I have a buddy with a '98 Step Side. All original other than swapping on '99-'03 alloy wheels and a flowmaster bolt on exhaust system. The truck has STUPID low miles on it and has been garaged since day one. With around 28,000 miles on it today, it looks absolutely FANTASTIC! Not necessarily because it is low miles and in like-new condition, but because you can't find an OBS truck without step tubes, diamond plate bed rails, chrome bed tubes and stainless rocker panels. When you see his truck, it stands out and grabs everyone's attention.

Once I get other issues sorted with my '95, all of the aftermarket stuff will come off and go straight into the bin. The aftermarket wheels will be gone and I will make every effort to put it back the way it was made. I have already had the aftermarket exhaust system ripped off and replaced it with something closer to stock with a stainless tip. There is much more to do tho.

All of that said, I realize that I am in the minority here with that opinion, but you asked and I felt compelled to share!

Ok... Let the flaming and bashing begin... I know it's coming! :money:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. Fathtastic

Fathtastic New Member

haha! I get what you're saying with avoiding all the cheap stickers and what not, I'm not into it either. I'll upload a picture of my truck tomorrow when the suns out so yall can see what I got!