1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need help with factory radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 2000redcamaro, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 2000redcamaro

2000redcamaro New Member

I changed my battery the other day and now I can not get my radio to do anything. it only displays the time. anyone know how to fix this or do I need to just change it out with a new one
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hmmmm, if you see the time, a fuse is probably not the problem. Try to disconnect the battery and reconnect it.

Better yet, pull the radio fuse and reinsert it, this should reboot the radio and nothing else.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Or push the buttom and turn the radio on...sorry,i had to say it :rofl:
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hmmmm, as funny as it sounds, your suggestion just might be the answer.
  5. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Thats what i was thinking also...
  6. 2000redcamaro

2000redcamaro New Member

lol I tried to button it on with the power button but I get nothing. it does not say lock or anything but the time and I can not set the clock to the correct time either
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If it did not lock itself I would try disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes. What year and model is the truck? what radio? bose?
  8. 2000redcamaro

2000redcamaro New Member

well the radio is fried, I don't want to spend the money on a new one but I guess I will have too

- - - Updated - - -

its a 1999 suburban. factory radio, non bose cassette with cd lower in dash