1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help With Head Lights, HID's and High Beams NOT working

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by airforcefun, Mar 1, 2009.

1. airforcefun

airforcefun New Member

I recently installed a set of HID's on my 01 Tahoe. They worked fine for a couple months. Then the passenger side one stopped working but it would turn back on when i flashed my high beams. Then it stopped working all together, whether or not i flash my high beams. Now neither passenger or driver side HID's are working and my High beams are no longer working. And the High beam indicator light is stuck on in the car.

I have already checked the relay and it works.

Any suggestions and help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justin
  2. lawson4450

lawson4450 Rockstar 100 Posts

try disconnecting your hids completely and hook up your old lights again and see if they work if they do try reconnecting your hids and see if they work. the other thing you can do is just recheck all your hid connections.make sure all your grounds and stuff are good as well.
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It sounds like you probably have a bad ground since voltage is feeding back to high beam light. Are the lights mounted to a plastic bumper? Try running a good ground wire to each light.

Jim