1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help with Headlights and Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Fonze, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Fonze

Fonze Member

Eeeeeyyyyy,

I am looking to upgrade my trucks headlights and tail lights and I would like some opinions from you all to help make my decision.

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab.

These are the headlights I can't decide between:
    -RECON $499.99
    RECON Part # 264271BK - GMC Sierra & Sierra Denali 07-12 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 (New Body Style) PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - Smoked Lens
    -ANZO $329.95
    GMC Sierra Projector Headlights & GMC Sierra Angel Eye Halo Headlights

Which do ya'll think are better?

I also want to get HID's and I read that it is recommended to get projectors with them because installing the HID's into the stock lights does not concentrate the light which blinds other drivers (which I don't want to do). Is this true?

These are the HID's I am looking at:
    -Notto Kit (35W 15K) $99.95
    NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2008 GMC Sierra HID Kit - Notto SE 3-ST-NT-XXXX

-DDMTuning KIT (35W 10K) $75.00
    HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

-XenonKit (35W 10K) $50.00
    H11 Slim Ballast HID kit

Which do ya'll prefer again? I'm looking for a deepish looking blue but not too deep (my truck is blue).

And these are the tail lights I am torn between:
    -RECON $399.95
    RECON® - LED Tail Lights with Smoke Lenses - 2008 GMC Sierra Lights - Recon 264189BK
    RECON Part # 264189BK - SMOKED LED Tail Lights 07-12 GMC SIERRA 1500/2500/3500 Single Wheel ONLY

-IPCW$356.25
    IPCW® - Bermuda Black Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - 2500/3500HD - 2008 GMC Sierra IPCW Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - IPCW LEDT-3040CB

-ANZO$215.22
    http://www.andysautosport.com/gmc/2007_9999_sierra/lights/tail_lights/anzo/anzo00166048.html

Well, that's all and ANY and ALL input on the above would be GREATLY appreciated!!

If there are better products than what I have listed, PLEASE post them for me :D.

Thanks in advance!

Nick
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. Fonze

Fonze Member

Hey all,

I am looking to upgrad my trucks headlights and tail lights and I would like some opinions from you all to help make my decision.

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab.

These are the headlights I can't decide between:
    -RECON $499.99
    RECON Part # 264271BK - GMC Sierra & Sierra Denali 07-12 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 (New Body Style) PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - Smoked Lens
    -ANZO $329.95
    GMC Sierra Projector Headlights & GMC Sierra Angel Eye Halo Headlights

Which do ya'll think are better?

I also want to get HID's and I read that it is recommended to get projectors with them because installing the HID's into the stock lights does not concentrate the light which blinds other drivers (which I don't want to do). Is this true?

These are the HID's I am looking at:
    -Notto Kit (35W 15K) $99.95
    NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2008 GMC Sierra HID Kit - Notto SE 3-ST-NT-XXXX

-DDM Tuning KIT (35W 10K) $75.00
    HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

-Xenon Kit (35W 10K) $50.00
    H11 Slim Ballast HID kit

Which do ya'll prefer again? I'm looking for a deepish looking blue but not too deep (my truck is blue).

And these are the tail lights I am torn between:
    -RECON $399.95
    RECON® - LED Tail Lights with Smoke Lenses - 2008 GMC Sierra Lights - Recon 264189BK
    RECON Part # 264189BK - SMOKED LED Tail Lights 07-12 GMC SIERRA 1500/2500/3500 Single Wheel ONLY

-IPCW $356.25
    IPCW® - Bermuda Black Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - 2500/3500HD - 2008 GMC Sierra IPCW Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - IPCW LEDT-3040CB

-ANZO $215.22
    Anzo Tail Lights - LED (Black) for 07-up GMC Sierra at Andy's Auto Sport

Well, that's all and ANY and ALL input on the above would be GREATLY appreciated!!

If there are better products than what I have listed, PLEASE post them for me :D.

Thanks in advance!

Nick
  3. Fonze

Fonze Member

I posted this in Aftermarket & Accessories. Why was it moved here?
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The RECON and EAGLE EYE are really good projector headlights and tail lights but they are priced around the same! The site i bought them on do not sell them anymore idk why but online i have seen some pple on this site with them and even seen Show trucks with them on! The headlights ran me $390 and taillights ran me around clost to that price just not positive but they were close to that and the 3rd brake light was $120 so all together was around $900! I also got a recon third brake light bar that cost $105 and i also bought notto se 10,000k low beam hid kit was also $100 so in lighting i'm around $1,100 lol but i got pics in me profile and u can see what they look like! Either way recon or eagle eye are the way to go!
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

6. Fonze

Fonze Member

Thanks for the replies guys!

@Rockstar:
    I seen your truck a while back when browsing the forums and I must say, you have an awesome truck bro! Great work!
    Anyways, I tried looking for the smoked Eagle Eye Projectors after I seen your truck but couldn't find them anywhere! :( I don't think they are being sold anymore.

And sorry in advance for this dumb question but I am new at all of this, If I install HID into projectors, will the light from the HID's wash out the ring from the projectors? Also, I read that it is recommended to have projectors if you want HID's to avoid blinding oncoming traffic and cars in front of you. Is this true?

@stoner:
    Wow, those look sweet! They look just like the recons! Are they as bright? How do you like them? And how much did they cost?

Thanks Guys!
  7. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just finished installing RECON projectors into my truck, gotta say that you need to inspect the lights THOROUGHLY before installing! Found out too late that one of the light adjusting bolts was never installed at the factory (in Taiwan, btw), which took a long time to repair. Just finished a blog about it, and posted some pictures if you'd like to take a look. Not saying to forget getting them, but to look closely at the lights and expect a lot of work installing them yourself. Good luck![​IMG]
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The spyder ones were under $275 shipped. I had HIDs in my stock lights which are H11 - these spyder units take H1 - so I did have to buy the H1 HID bulbs to fit the lights. I also had to modify the harness that connects the HID bulb to the ballast

I simply cut the H11 connector that was on the end of the HID bulbs and spliced them on the ends of the H1 bulbs cord so I could connect it to the ballast since my ballast were for a H11 setup.

So if you buy the Spyder projectors you would have to buy the H11 HID kit(ballast and bulbs)and a set of H1 bulbs.

I hope that makes sence...if not I can post some pics.

halo.jpg halo2.jpg
  9. Fonze

Fonze Member

@Drake:
    Those look sweet bro! That's unfortunate to hear, but glad you got it fixed! I really like those but I think I want the style the Anzos have (top and bottom projector) over the side-by-side style of the Recons and other brands. Idk why.
    Here is what I'm talking about incase it's unclear:

Anzos:
    51ekl1Efk9L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Recons:
    product_photo-large_image-1081.jpg

@Stoner:
    That sounds like a pain in the a$$ bro lol. Idk if I want to go through all that trouble when I can just buy the Recon's or Anzo's for i guess about the same price you spent on the Spyders plus the H1 bulbs. But the Spyder's are less expensive (which is awesome) and still look great. How much did the H1 bulbs run you?

EDIT: After doing some research, I realized that the Recons and Spyders come pre-assembled with H1 bulbs . Does this mean I have to buy an H11 ballast and splice the wires like Stoner did? And I want to buy deep blue HID's. Would I have to buy H1's with an H11 ballast? Or do the projectors accept H11 bulbs? Because I know my truck only takes H11 bulbs I believe. I'm so confused :neutral:. Help!

I'm not sure what bulbs the Anzos come with though. Anyone know??

And @Rosckstar:
    I really can't find your lights anywhere bro. Do you know any website or place that sells them?

Thanks
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i have loked online for the Eagle eye projectors and cant find them on the site i ordered them from or online! I know some people on GMTC on this site have them though!