Need help with Headlights and Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Fonze, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Fonze

Fonze Member

Eeeeey,:great:

I am looking to upgrad my trucks headlights and tail lights and I would like some opinions from you all to help make my decision.

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab.

These are the headlights I can't decide between:
    -RECON $499.99
    RECON Part # 264271BK - GMC Sierra & Sierra Denali 07-12 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 (New Body Style) PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - Smoked Lens

-ANZO $329.95
    GMC Sierra Projector Headlights & GMC Sierra Angel Eye Halo Headlights

Which do ya'll think are better?

I also want to get HID's and I read that it is recommended to get projectors with them because installing the HID's into the stock lights does not concentrate the light which blinds other drivers (which I don't want to do). Is this true?

These are the HID's I am looking at:
    -Notto Kit (35W 15K) $99.95
    NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2008 GMC Sierra HID Kit - Notto SE 3-ST-NT-XXXX

-DDMTuning KIT (35W 10K) $75.00
    HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

-XenonKit (35W 10K) $50.00
    H11 Slim Ballast HID kit

Which do ya'll prefer again? I'm looking for a deepish looking blue but not too deep (my truck is blue).

And these are the tail lights I am torn between:
    -RECON $399.95
    RECON® - LED Tail Lights with Smoke Lenses - 2008 GMC Sierra Lights - Recon 264189BK
    RECON Part # 264189BK - SMOKED LED Tail Lights 07-12 GMC SIERRA 1500/2500/3500 Single Wheel ONLY

-IPCW$356.25
    IPCW® - Bermuda Black Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - 2500/3500HD - 2008 GMC Sierra IPCW Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - IPCW LEDT-3040CB

-ANZO$215.22
    Anzo Tail Lights - LED (Black) for 07-up GMC Sierra at Andy's Auto Sport

Well, that's all and ANY and ALL input on the above would be GREATLY appreciated!!

If there are better products than what I have listed, PLEASE post them for me :D.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man if you wanting the Notto SE H11 hid kit i have a set still in the box! The only time i opened it was when i got them to make sure everything was there and also have the extra wiring harness so the hid's want flicker. I can post pic's if you want or text me at 601-831-2473 it's my cell phone. They are the 10,000k Low beam hid kit. They are blue like people think when they warm up they are a dark blue at first then when come on all the way they are the tint of a perfect that has the whitish blueish tint to them there not too white at all or too dark of a blue just right man. If interested man let me know otherwise i'll have them on Ebay forsale here soon. I have a paypal account so either thru paypal or money order would be fine with me. LTM thanks, Jake

3. Fonze

Fonze Member

Yea bro I'm definately interested! I'll txt you when I can.

Thanks!!!! :happy:

4. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

I say go with the Recon lights both front and rear, and I had HID lights on my old car that I got for a great price from hidny.com, you should check them out, their lights were great. As for bulb temp, I would say either 8000k, or 10000k, here's a pic of the 8000k HIDs on my car:
    2011-02-21_22-08-16_683.jpg

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I would go with Recons front and back.

6. Fonze

Fonze Member

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm still unsure on which headlights to go with. I absolutley LOVE the top and bottom look Anzo has. Until I am convinced that the Recon are head over heels better than the Anozs, I'm going to go with Anzo. It's just the the side-by-side look of the Recons for GMC's look like car lights. :frown: If only they made the Chevy Recon lights for GMC's! :frown:

But the Anzos look great! Check em' out on Rotaryenginepete's truck!

sierra14a.jpg

He's a member of the club here and I hope he doesn't mind me showcasing his truck!:shocked:

Anyways, I am going Recon everywhere else without a doubt and as for HID's, thanks to RockstarrChevy81, I'll be getting the Notto SE 35W 10k!!! Which is EXACTLY what I wanted!!!:happy:

Thanks again bro!!! :great:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011