1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help with Headlights and Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Fonze, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Eeeeey,:great:

I am looking to upgrad my trucks headlights and tail lights and I would like some opinions from you all to help make my decision.

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab.

These are the headlights I can't decide between:
    -RECON $499.99
    RECON Part # 264271BK - GMC Sierra & Sierra Denali 07-12 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 (New Body Style) PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - Smoked Lens

-ANZO $329.95
    GMC Sierra Projector Headlights & GMC Sierra Angel Eye Halo Headlights

Which do ya'll think are better?

I also want to get HID's and I read that it is recommended to get projectors with them because installing the HID's into the stock lights does not concentrate the light which blinds other drivers (which I don't want to do). Is this true?

These are the HID's I am looking at:
    -Notto Kit (35W 15K) $99.95
    NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2008 GMC Sierra HID Kit - Notto SE 3-ST-NT-XXXX

-DDMTuning KIT (35W 10K) $75.00
    HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

-XenonKit (35W 10K) $50.00
    H11 Slim Ballast HID kit

Which do ya'll prefer again? I'm looking for a deepish looking blue but not too deep (my truck is blue).

And these are the tail lights I am torn between:
    -RECON $399.95
    RECON® - LED Tail Lights with Smoke Lenses - 2008 GMC Sierra Lights - Recon 264189BK
    RECON Part # 264189BK - SMOKED LED Tail Lights 07-12 GMC SIERRA 1500/2500/3500 Single Wheel ONLY

-IPCW$356.25
    IPCW® - Bermuda Black Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - 2500/3500HD - 2008 GMC Sierra IPCW Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - IPCW LEDT-3040CB

-ANZO$215.22
    Anzo Tail Lights - LED (Black) for 07-up GMC Sierra at Andy's Auto Sport

Well, that's all and ANY and ALL input on the above would be GREATLY appreciated!!

If there are better products than what I have listed, PLEASE post them for me :D.

Thanks in advance!

Nick
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man if you wanting the Notto SE H11 hid kit i have a set still in the box! The only time i opened it was when i got them to make sure everything was there and also have the extra wiring harness so the hid's want flicker. I can post pic's if you want or text me at 601-831-2473 it's my cell phone. They are the 10,000k Low beam hid kit. They are blue like people think when they warm up they are a dark blue at first then when come on all the way they are the tint of a perfect that has the whitish blueish tint to them there not too white at all or too dark of a blue just right man. If interested man let me know otherwise i'll have them on Ebay forsale here soon. I have a paypal account so either thru paypal or money order would be fine with me. LTM thanks, Jake
  3. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Yea bro I'm definately interested! I'll txt you when I can.

Thanks!!!! :happy:
  4. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 New Member

I say go with the Recon lights both front and rear, and I had HID lights on my old car that I got for a great price from hidny.com, you should check them out, their lights were great. As for bulb temp, I would say either 8000k, or 10000k, here's a pic of the 8000k HIDs on my car:
    2011-02-21_22-08-16_683.jpg
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

I would go with Recons front and back.
  6. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm still unsure on which headlights to go with. I absolutley LOVE the top and bottom look Anzo has. Until I am convinced that the Recon are head over heels better than the Anozs, I'm going to go with Anzo. It's just the the side-by-side look of the Recons for GMC's look like car lights. :frown: If only they made the Chevy Recon lights for GMC's! :frown:

But the Anzos look great! Check em' out on Rotaryenginepete's truck!

sierra14a.jpg

He's a member of the club here and I hope he doesn't mind me showcasing his truck!:shocked:

Anyways, I am going Recon everywhere else without a doubt and as for HID's, thanks to RockstarrChevy81, I'll be getting the Notto SE 35W 10k!!! Which is EXACTLY what I wanted!!!:happy:

Thanks again bro!!! :great:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011