1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help With Installing New Exhasut System on 2008 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Whiterado, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Whiterado

Whiterado New Member

Hey Guys,
    Been a long time since Ive posted on here (Music Career is really taking off), but I have some time off here and looking to install some stuff on my truck that ive accumlated in the last little bit.

First is my Aero Turbine 2540i exhaust. Now, I have no clue as to what to do so I am coming here to the experts I have the above muffler. Now when I go to install this, do I elimnate the OEM muffler and repipe to where I will put my new exhaust? I would imagine thats the case but wanted to make sure. Also, do you guys have any reccomendations as how to pipe it? And I was also talking to someone and they said there is a compound to seal joints instead of welding. Is this true and what do you guys think of this way? Im looking to get the loudest growl out of this system. Looking to do this on sat or sun! Much appreciated guys!!!!!
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats on your music career!! Yes, take your old muffler off & replace it with the new one in the stock location since it will be easier with the hangers already there, BUT farther to the rear of the system has it's benefits as far as better performance at high rpms, so consider this, if it's an issue for you. It will have a lot to do with the total layout of your system.
    Joint compound is good if you're going to clamp your joints & don't have a welder.