need help with leveling kits

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by fuzzy, Mar 7, 2010.

1. fuzzy

fuzzy New Member

i've been looking at leveling kits for a few days now and was wondering what you guys reccomend.
    Torsion keys or coil spacers?

leaf spring blocks or add-a-leafs?

what brands?

help me out!!

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We need to know what year truck and if it is 2WD or 4WD before we can answer your questions.:glasses:

3. fuzzy

fuzzy New Member

2001 silverado 1500 4wd

4. 95gns

95gns New Member

Idk about the coil spacer or torsion keys. Im looking at torsion keys for my truck i just like what if read about them. Now the rearend Add-a-Leaf. stouter rearend for loads and about the same price.

5. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

4 wheel drives use torsion keys, 2wd uses coil spacers. I personally went with blocks for the back. i think they give a better ride, but they might give you more axle wrap. its all personal preference.

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pro Comp torsion keys in front and 3" blocks in rear. I went with blocks too so as not to stiffen up the ride too much, axle wrap shouldn't be an issue since the 3" block replaces the factory 2" block. The truck has 3" of lift in front and 1.25" in rear.

7. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

If you have a 2001 4WD than buying Coil Spacers will give you some pretty expensive coasters. You dont have coil springs so they wont do anything for you. you want torsion keys for the front and lift blocks for the rear. coil spacers only work on 2wd.