Need help with new wheel choice

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Burden33, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i heard that about the mud graps. im still looking for tires since it might be some time before i found a set

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

figured it wasn't ..................just thought I'd get you going......Great truck !!!!

talk at you later ....Brian

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] is correct about the Nitto Mud Graps. They are very soft and wear very quickly on pavement. Take a look at the Nitto Trail Graps or the Toyota Open Country. Both are aggressive tread patterns with a better wear rating. Check out rimzoneonline.com. They are a site sponsor and they have a nice selection of tires. They also carry a Federal tire that looks real nice but I'm not sure what the wear rating is on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaSdgJILHuQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

+1 for the Nitto Trail Grapps. They have great road manors not very loud on the hwy and handle great on 2 lane back roads. They hold their own off road in clay and sand. I just ordered a set of Toyo Mt's and the only reason I did not get another set of Trail Grapps is because I think I will get more miles out of the Toyos.

In the size I ordered tirecralwer.com was $47 a tire cheaper!

5. Burden33

i looked at toyos and for me to get them to mount on a 12inch wide rim ill have to step it up to a 38 or 40 i think it was but i did found a set of mickey thompson mtx that were 35x14.5x20

6. Burden33

so guys been looking at more rims and came across bmf novakane let me know what you guys think and yes i know there is a black one there erica
    BMF-NOVAKANE-6-chrm.jpg BMF-NOVAKANE-6-blk.jpg

7. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I think the black ones are awesome, but the chrome ones are pretty awesome as well...they'll look good against the white.

8. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well B, I gotta say... I like those chromes ones, my fav is still #2 ( page 1) like in my post, but I like the small spoked (6), on the BMF... both would look great on your truck... decisions decisions...

9. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

i personally think u should go with the 22x12 with some trail grapplers or toyos. not a big fan of mud grapplers since they cause my wreck

10. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

#2 for sure! Those look awesome.