Need help with performance mods!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by silveradoz71, May 29, 2009.

1. silveradoz71

silveradoz71 New Member

i am 16 and just bought a 2000 1500 z71 silverado and was wondering what type of performance mods i should get i have a 2k budget which isnt much but i am looking for parts that will make it accelerate faster any thoughts!!!

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Its up to you in what you are looking for in Performance, but Most everyone starts with a Cold Air Intake,Cat back Exhaust.Then you could do headers and a Custom Tune.Last do your homework for what will work for your truck,also shop around for pricing.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  3. benhartholt

benhartholt Rockstar

I agree.. cold air intake, catback exhaust, throttle body spacer.., and a tune/tuner. I'm actually 17 years old.. I bought my truck when I was 15! :) good to hear about other younger guys with trucks!

4. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

You want to accelerate faster? You have 2000 to spend?

My first question is what size tires you are running and what is your axle ratio?

You can spend your money how ever you like. You will make your money with a performance tune or even a regear, since you are looking for acceleration.

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

with some proper homework, you can get quite a bit for 2k. intake, exhaust, beter plugs, bigger wires, programmer, bed cover. all will help with gas, all with help with performance. seafoam your engine. search it on here or on youtube

6. silveradoz71

silveradoz71 New Member

okay thank you for your suggestions and would installing these parts cost more than 500$

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It depends on what parts your talking About.For $500.00?Several have been mentioned.

Last edited: May 30, 2009