Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help with photos!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by chucknorris, Sep 12, 2010.

1. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

ok so im not that new but i didn't know where to post this... im having trouble uploading some pics, in my attachments folder it wont let me delete any so its full and i cant upload anymore. and when so when i go to post some new pictures i cant attach any. Also when i click the insert image it asks for a URL or internet adress... i don't know how that works, so if someone can help shed some light to this, it'd be much appreciated! thank you
  2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The user interface for uploading photos can certainly be a bit tricky at first but once you spend a bit of time with it, it's really not that bad.

From your Albums, click "Upload pictures". You should get a web pop up that will allow you to browse your computer's hard drive for files to upload. Click "Add Files" at the top right of the File Upload Manager window and then click "Select Files" from there. After you click "Select Files", you should get another pop up that will allow you to browse files on your computer. Find the file(s) you would like to upload, select it by clicking on the file (now it should be highlighted), and then click "Select". This will upload the file to the GMTC server (disregard if that confuses you). At this point, all you need to do is click "Done" in the File Upload Manager and your files should be uploaded. You can continue to follow the prompts from there.

If you're wanting to add extra photos to a post you make in a thread, you can upload those photos to a third party site (like photobucket.com), copy the imbedding code the site provides you for that picture, and post it in your thread.

Good luck!
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Moved here.
  4. chucknorris

Ya thats how I have been doing it but when i got to select files and then upload, my attachment folder or manager is full so (9 pics) I cant upload anymore and i cannot delete any of the old ones either...? any one else having this problem?
  5. Vincennes02261897

Oh, I've got you now. You must have reached your photo upload limit of 1 MB.

How are you trying to delete your photos? You should open an album, click "Edit Pictures", then check the "Delete This Picture" box for every photo you want to delete. After that, you need to click "Save Changes" and the pictures should be deleted, allowing you to upload more/different pictures. Is that what you've been trying?
  6. chucknorris

ya im at the limit. but i only have 3 photos in an album.... the rest are from posts that I have attached with images...
  7. Vincennes02261897

Yeah, if you've reached your limit then you cannot upload anymore. Steve was talking about increasing the photo upload limit for each user but I'm not entirely sure if it has happened yet. I know he has been working on it, though.

What you may want to do is delete those 3 pictures that you already have uploaded, resize the originals, then upload the resized ones. This will cut down the file size per image so you can upload more than just 3 files. If you have photoshop or some other photo editing software, you can easily resize the pictures. If not, I found this to be a pretty easy method:

http://www.picresize.com/

I tested that out this morning and it worked great for me.
  8. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Yeah for a site this popular I think its about time for some more space for pics. Not only for quantity, but it would allow everybody to put some more quality pictures in their albums. I took some pictures of my 'burb on my phone and they look like crap, but I uploaded them because the file sizes are smaller than on my digital camera for the same resolution. And I am a picture guy, you guys can explain everything to me in words, but I have to go see it to really understand whats going on...pictures worth a thousand words right?

But as far as posting pics in threads, the 3rd party thing works for me just fine. Kind of a pain in the @$$ though.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Some of it is a software limitation, some was file space in the past. I'll spend some time this next week getting it all configured properly. It is harder to get really large files uploaded. Even facebook caps out filesize for uploads at 5 MB, we're at 1MB and I'll try to get it like 2MB or so if I can and maybe double the total allotment space for all users.
  10. chucknorris

well i tried the deleting my album pics and resizing them, it helped but it still has some pictures i upload and attached to threads/posts and i have no way of deleting those... theres a total of 12 pictures in my picture 'manager'.. if i could empty it i could start over with smaller image sizes for more space... but since it holds on to my attachments as well as my album pictures, i cant.