1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Help with photos!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by chucknorris, Sep 12, 2010.

1. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I think 2mb would be perfect, not too much, not too little.
  2. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have been having trouble uploading picture myself I used the resize program also deleted a picture from my gallery thinking I may have too many pictures.
    Steve
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, Steve, it looks like you're probably pretty close. What you should probably do at this point is only upload pictures to your albums that you think people would be interested to see when stumbling around the site and making their way to your profile. Otherwise, if you want to post a picture in the forum, upload it to www.photobucket.com and use the "" link that they provide to you. Photobucket is free and easy to use and sign up is pretty straight forward.

Like Steve (site Steve) said before, it is sometimes hard to provide large data allotments with vBulletin and such. In fact, I've been a member on other forums throughout my life that used the same software and didn't allow ANY pictures to be uploaded by their users (other than an Avatar). So Photobucket and similar websites tend to become standard tools for use with online forums.

Good luck!
  4. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:great:Cool I will give that a shot.
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I am having the same problem with the pic manager/file manager. It uploads the pics fine, & I can move them into albums etc. but there is no way to delete them from the file manager page to make room to bring in more pics. I think this is what Chuck Norris is asking, is how to clear the manager page out. There is no delete button to get rid of those photos after you have moved them to an album etc. There is still a copy of each pic remaining on the manager page.
    There is a note on the manager page that says that photos that have been there more than 24 hours will be deleted by the site administrator, but this never happens.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Stephan....did you ever figure this out? If not, let me know.
  7. stephan

No Mike, I haven't. But some ppl have cuz they have dld. 50 or 100 pics.
    I just need to figure out how to delete the pics on the "pic manager page" that I have already put in albums, so I can dl some more.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I still have no idea how people can get that many photos with only using 1 meg. I have shrunk my pics down to 80k - 90k and I find that anything much less won't allow for a quality picture. Translated, I still can only fit 11 pics.

Anyway, here is how you can delete the current ones:
    1. Go to your "Settings" page (top right of screen next to "log out")
    2. Scroll down and on the left, you will see a "Miscellaneous" section.....click the "attachments" option (it's the only one)
    3. A new screen will open and you will see descriptions of your pics with a check box to the right of them
    4. Select the pics you want to remove and click the "delete" button at the bottom right

I think this is what you are looking to do??....let me know if this worked.
  9. stephan

OK, Thanks Mike. I'll give that a shot.
  10. Bavarian

Bavarian New Member

4. Select the pics you want to remove and click the "delete" button at the bottom right Unfortunately, this is not in my view...only:

View attachment 53085
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013