Need help with suspension. Please help!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 1999chevroletsilverado, Nov 5, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. I have a 99 2500 and it has a 6 inch suspension lift. It rides like hell! It's so still and crappy and I bounce all over the place when I hit bumps. What can I do to fix this? New shocks or what? Please help!

- - - Updated - - -

Stiff not still
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Shocks would be a start. Bilstein 5100 series are a shock that many like.
  3. Obstetric any thing else I could do?! Or are shocks really my only option?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything else I can do?*
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Another suggestion would be Roadmaster Active Suspension: http://www.activesuspension.com/
    It is designed to assist the leaf spring and help it handle load and suspension movement. It improves handling and ride quality. Ask [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] or [MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION] about it they also can explain how you can get a discount by being a member of GMTC.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What manufacturer is your suspension from?
    Being it's a 2500 I suspect a lot of the stiffness is to retain load limits, shocks might help a little but the stiff springs and torsion bars wont be overcome by soft shock valving.
    Try looking at Superlifts Soft ride suspensions, or something like that.
    In this case a Roadmaster suspension wont help soften things up, while its a good suspension addition it's designed to maintain existing suspension and ride.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The joys of an unloaded 2500!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Spot-on. :great:

That and most likely E-rated tires, too. This is exactly why I had a preference for a 1500 and D-rated tires. :)