Need help with suspension. Please help!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 1999chevroletsilverado, Nov 5, 2012.

1. I have a 99 2500 and it has a 6 inch suspension lift. It rides like hell! It's so still and crappy and I bounce all over the place when I hit bumps. What can I do to fix this? New shocks or what? Please help!

- - - Updated - - -

Stiff not still

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Shocks would be a start. Bilstein 5100 series are a shock that many like.

3. Obstetric any thing else I could do?! Or are shocks really my only option?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything else I can do?*

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Another suggestion would be Roadmaster Active Suspension: http://www.activesuspension.com/
    It is designed to assist the leaf spring and help it handle load and suspension movement. It improves handling and ride quality. Ask [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] or [MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION] about it they also can explain how you can get a discount by being a member of GMTC.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What manufacturer is your suspension from?
    Being it's a 2500 I suspect a lot of the stiffness is to retain load limits, shocks might help a little but the stiff springs and torsion bars wont be overcome by soft shock valving.
    Try looking at Superlifts Soft ride suspensions, or something like that.
    In this case a Roadmaster suspension wont help soften things up, while its a good suspension addition it's designed to maintain existing suspension and ride.

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The joys of an unloaded 2500!

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Spot-on. :great:

That and most likely E-rated tires, too. This is exactly why I had a preference for a 1500 and D-rated tires. :)