1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need help with tire selection for 22's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by pbudd88, Feb 6, 2011.

1. pbudd88

pbudd88 New Member

Hey all...

As you can see, I'm a newbie here. I just bought a 2011 Silverado in December. It's a Black LT 5.3 V8 Extended Cab 4x4. I'm going to pick up a set of Diamo 30 Karat Black 22x9.5 Wheels shortly. My question is concerning what tires I should get. I live in Washington State - where is rains a ton, so summer tires are out. I was planning on not keeping the wheels on year round. I will not be going offroad (I'm a city boy!). I've been looking at 305/40/22's and it looks like Nitto Terra Grapplers are the best that I can buy...though they are a bit pricey. I've had Toyo's on my other vehicles, so maybe Proxes? Or Yokohama Advan's? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nitto's or Toyo's, both great tires. Flip a coin.

3. pbudd88

pbudd88 New Member

Thanks for your opinion. I went with a set of Nitto NT 420S tires...and ordered the Diamo's. Hopefully both are here within a week or so. I'll be sure to post a pic once I put them on.

4. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

the cooper zeon LTZ are pretty nice too

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you're not going offroad the 420s are a better choice, terra grapplers would be unnecessary. I run Cooper Discoverer H/T plus, 305/50/20, in the summer and so far I have no complaints. I would be very interested in hearing how the Nitto 420s performs.