1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Need help with wheels for my new 325/60/18s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by madman72, Mar 10, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. madman72

madman72 New Member

Hey guys I bought some 325/65/18s, , My NNBS 07 silverado has a 2.5 level and a 1.5 zone BL, I would like to buy some 18X9 wheels but need help choosing the wheel offset/backspacing that will work best, any help is appreciated,

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I believe the OEM wheels on the NNBS trucks is 18x8 w/ 31mm offset. As NNBS trucks have boxed fenders, they are not friendly to negative offset. For 18x9 try to stick to something in the +18 to +28 range. If it were me, personally, I'd stick to the lower end of that range (i.e. +18 to +20) to stay close to factory.

This might help illustrate why:
    tech-wheeloffset.gif

3. madman72

madman72 New Member

Thanks for the info, That chart really helps alot, the wheels im looking at are offered with 0, +14 and +30, offsets, do you think that +14 would work? since it would tuck the wheel in less than say a +18 wheel. thanks again

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

+14 is probably alright. Worst case you might have to do some minor trimming.

5. madman72

madman72 New Member

Thanks alot for your help, ordering wheels tomorrow and just go from there. thanks again