1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help

Discussion in 'Europe, Middle East and Asia' started by logger1968, Oct 28, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. logger1968

logger1968 New Member

Hi all
    I just got my 2013 Sierra 5.3L SLE
    I need help on the below:
    1- Best programmer/tuner
    2- Best air intake
    3- Best exhaust sytem (Back kit) with mild noise
    Where can i finde the above items in the Oman or UAE.
    Thanks for your help
  2. logger1968

logger1968 New Member

Guys any ideas
    I need some direction here I will try to order the stuff using the net it does not have to be in Oman or UAE
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Programmer I don’t know
    Air intakes go - K&N
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]exhaust system -[/FONT]magnaflow or flow master

Yes they are all brand names but that is all I have ever bought
  4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

1. Programmer... Diablo Trinity
    2. Exhaust... Corsa... Or flowmaster. Stay away from MBRP... Sounds nice but the drone will drive you nuts.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Agree! Diablo contact @06MonteSS he is one of our vendors, he sells them and will do a custom tune for your truck, you log data email it to him and he makes the necessary corrections for your specific truck. there are many satisfied members here. For exhaust, I would go with Corsa, it is expensive but the sound is great with no drone, go to youtube and search corsa chevy, you can hear trucks with it on them. They are not super loud like flowmaster is. As far as intake goes, I have no idea! K&N is always a safe bet. I am sure other members will chime in on that.
  6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

I think I'll pass the motion on a Diablo Trinity Programmer! I have one myself with the custom tune from Lew (06MonteSS) and couldn't be happier!
    I installed a Volant Cold Air Intake system which works out very well for my 2010, I would also recommend the Power Core filter for that unit if you go that route.
    I agree that if you have the extra coin to spare, go Corsa. Otherwise, I've installed a Magnaflow system. They're a little higher on the performance scale than Flowmaster, but not as loud.

Good luck on your upgrades!
  7. TimTom64b

If you want to here a Corsa I posted a link under what have you done to your truck today. I love my for a exhaust well worth the extra money. Very quiet inside... No drone what so ever... And tuned loud when you get on it.
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

just B careful with any programmer....improper use will void your Warranty when
    they check the Computer if any trouble is reported by you !!!.good luck on
    whatever u get....Brian from Canada
  9. The Heater

The Heater Member 100 Posts

I second the warning by Silverhobey. Installing a programmer will void the warranty. And I mean "void", as in no warranty at all on the engine, or the entire drivetrain. Not worth it.
  10. TimTom64b

Pretty much anything that modifies the configuration from the original factory configuration can void the warranty.... I know as I contacted gm directly before doing the mods to mine.. That would include exhaust, larger tires, lift kits, programmers, etc. It all comes down to how pricky your dealer may be. By putting a programmer on my truck with other mods I gained significant performance and fuel economy... 3 miles per gallon... Or 75 miles a tank... To me it is worth the risk... Besides if you do have a problem you can roll the vehicle back to stock before visiting the dealer. It all comes down to... If your not comfortable then don't do it... I delayed most of mine for that reason until after 40k miles.