1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Burden33, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guys today i went to make adjustments on my hypertech max energy programmer and when i hooked up and went into it it tells me 90 cal please call hypertech and give me the number. do anyone know what iws causeing this. im also looking at either a diablo tune or blackbear tune when i get my new gears and right now i cant get the hyper tech out can i still run another tune while the hyper tech is in the truck.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is a good question for [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION]
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I strongly suspect you must remove the hypertech tune before you can put in a BB or Diablosport tune.

The hypertech questions probably aren't good ones for 06monteSS, be he can likely answer questions pertaining to the Diablosport.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was thinking that he could tell us if the tune needed to be removed before installing a new tune. A new tuner may treat the old tune as the stock program and save it as such, then install the new tune. Problem is he loses his stock program.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

did you call hypertech?
  6. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yes you would need to remove the hypertech tune... you would have to restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first before using a better diablo tool on it :) and I can definitely get you hooked up with one, plus my custom tuning at a discount, whenever you're ready...

but as to what the issue/problem is with the hypertech, I have no idea.... you will need to call hypertech about that...
  7. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

thanks guys no i havnt called yet i been working nights but ill be calling tmr when i wake up.